Welcome to all the information on the 4th Annual BACONFEST 2020 camping weekend. Rather than have information spread across multiple social media sites and discussion forums, this website has been created so all information is in one place.
#1 - A couple years ago a group of us camping thought it would be awesome to eat bacon for an entire weekend. (We were young)
#2 - A lot of people LOVE bacon and it's good with almost everything!
#3 - Why not?
Is this event for you?
This event is for everyone who likes to camp and eat bacon. If you are vegetarian, vegan, or kosher please indicate this on the menu sign-up page so others can be aware when meal planning. If you are debating about coming because you don't eat bacon, contact Karla "with a k" to discuss. While we eat bacon with every meal, there are ways to enjoy the weekend without eating a single slice.
Just contact the host, Karla "with a k". Thank you!
Host: Karla "with a k"
-By day Karla "with a K" is a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant and mild-mannered part-time asst. compliance officer at a financial firm in downtown Milwaukee.
- She has camped since 2014 when her good friend reintroduced her to tent camping.
- Since January 2016, Karla has camped at least one night a month - 49 months now.
- She started hammock camping exclusively in April 2016 when she attended her first hammock hang and was able to sleep in a borrowed hammock system during a winter storm and was warm at only 19 degrees.
- She has hosted dozens of group camping weekends.
- In 2017, she started camping with her cat, Kizme (Kiz-mah). It's the Serbian word for "boots" because he has white boots on all paws.
- Karla wants to camp in every state park in Wisconsin. Her favorite is Wisconsin Interstate State Park in St. Croix Falls, WI.
- Her overnight low is 11 degrees & her overnight high is 72 degrees.
- She has yet to camp in: a teepee and an RV. She has already cowboy camped, built and slept in a quinzee, camped in her car, solo camped, slept in a cabin with 10 strangers, has backpacked, has camped while road tripping, and snowshoed a mile to camp in a yurt.
- Her favorite camp foods are anything in a pie iron, dutch oven, and
woofums. She also makes and sells woofums sticks.
- She collects a patch from every park she has visited and wears them on
her red wool vintage Valeninto cape.
- She is the founding member of the Red Bra Club and the Bad Ass Woman Award.
- You can shop on Karla's Mary Kay website here: Shop Here
- You can follow her on Instagram: Click Here